Women Who Influence Leadership Series
Begins April 9, 2020
Multi-Part Leadership Series
About the Program
This energizing, multi-session leadership program, is designed to elevate women in the workplace by strengthening her abilities to influence strategically and effectively. A collaborative atmosphere – participants learn alongside other rising women leaders and benefit from the collective experiences of the group. Interactive discussions, skill-building work and guest presentations provide a unique forum to strengthen leadership competencies, expand perspectives, and explore strategies to move purposely through leadership challenges.
Who should attend
This series is designed for rising women leaders who want to lead and contribute at higher levels. Recommended for managers, supervisors, advisors, project manager/team leads, or equivalent experience.
What to Expect
Establish new connections, gain research-based insights, reflect, share, and practice in a trusted space while having the opportunity to apply concepts over the course of the journey.
Sessions are tailored to help participants evolve and grow their leadership style with authenticity, focusing on these dimensions:
Day 1 – Grounding in Authentic Confidence (April 9th, 9am-3pm, AWE HQ)
- Shifting the definition of authenticity to who you are versus how you present yourself
- Changing the definition of confidence from traditional images to one that is deeply personal and meaningful
- Grounding confidence in your authentic brand – purpose, passion, value and strengths
Day 2 – Gaining Commitment for Your Value and Vision (May 7th, 9am-3pm, AWE HQ)
- Understanding the importance and challenge of influencing others
- Learning how to engage in meaningful and challenging conversations
- Learning the art of negotiating effectively
Day 3 – Expanding Your Circles of Influence (June 14th, 9am-3pm, AWE HQ)
- Changing perceptions of self-promotion to one that is personal and meaningful
- Learning how to establish strategic relationships and expand your network
- Learn strategies to communicate your brand to your network authentically and confident
Day 4– Group Coaching Call (June 26th, 9:30am-11am, Conference Call)
Participation includes attending breakfast events, the AWE Conference experience, and engaging with your cohort through coaching calls and online discussion forums:
Breakfast Dates: March 26th, April 22nd and May 14th, 8am-9:30am
Crowne Plaza, RI
AWE Conference Experience: June 18, 2020
Omni Hotel, 8am-5pm, Providence, RI
Meet our Master Facilitators
Meet Lisa Bergeron
An accomplished business leader, Lisa Bergeron is the Founding Partner and Chief Visionary Officer (CVO) of AWE, Advancing Workplace Excellence. Lisa brings a unique blend of strategic vision, business savvy, and depth of experience to steer AWE’s course into the future. An architect of relationships and connections, Lisa is a catalyst, progressive, and innovative thinker who creates pathways to explore, expand, and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
AS CVO, Lisa leads AWE’s vision for driving outstanding business growth and revolutionary strategies to expand AWE’s value and customer experiences. Performance oriented, Lisa is a trusted advisor and partner who provides insightful guidance and thought-leadership to uncover business needs and envision solutions to ensure clients realize their ambitions for growth, development, and exceptional business performance.
Lisa is an active member of the business community serving on the Boards of the American Heart Association, Coastline EAP, and a founding member of the United Way Women’s Leadership Council and Vision 2020’s RI. She has been recognized as Women of Achievement by the YWCA, and as a Wise Women by the National Organization of Italian American Women. Lisa combines her passion for travel with photography and resides in Bristol, RI with her husband Phil.
Meet Tejal Tarro
Tejal Tarro has over 20 years of organization development, change management and business consulting experience in several industries, including: health care, retail, manufacturing and high tech/information management. She has been in management consulting in large global strategy consulting firms and has led several large-scale change initiatives. Tejal is mostly recognized for her ability to creatively facilitate teams of leaders in strategic planning, team building, leadership development and culture shifting that supports desired results.
Tejal brings several critical competencies to organizational excellence:
- Excellent facilitation and workshop design skills
- The ability to align and propel leadership teams forward on business strategy and change planning
- The ability to assess individual, team and organizational dynamics that can support or block the intended results
- Demonstrated skills in change management, stakeholder management and effective communications
- Disciplined program/project management skills
- Aligning and integrating organizations and cultures during times of merger or acquisition
- A commitment to continuous growth and learning, continuously expanding and adding to knowledge and skills applied in working with clients
Tejal has deep understanding, based on experience, that real change only happens when a critical mass of people in the organization have shifted behaviors to support the desired vision. All organizational work with her clients focuses on actions that the leadership team takes individually and collectively to create the critical shift that will achieve the desired vision.
While pursuing her career, Tejal has volunteered her time and expertise to affect change in women’s advancement and childhood literacy, mostly in the role of designing and leading implementation of new innovative programs. She serves as the RI Delegate for Vision 2020, which focuses on the advancement of women in the workforce. Most recently, she was appointed to Chair the Rhode Island Commission on Women, where she is leading the effort to redesign the organization to better serve the needs of women in Rhode Island.
Tejal has a BS in Engineering and an MBA with a concentration in Strategy.