Women’s Leadership Series
Pivotal experiences designed to help you advance.
No matter where you are in your career, if you are looking to advance or better serve your current role, we have a leadership series for you. Our targeted curriculum strengthens business acumen and critical leadership skills, while providing you with strategies and action plans that can be applied immediately. Pick from our different leadership tracks below.
"These sessions where presented in a comfortable atmosphere, in which we explored concepts through interactive lectures and activities. Many of the activities took us out of our “comfort zone,” and those were the best learning experiences of all!"
"I gained great insight from these workshops, and there is something for everyone. Anyone aspiring to become a Leader will learn all of the tools necessary to have what it takes. During the process you will meet great friends and have such a great time!"
“This program has given me a completely new and refreshing perspective on my career; how to take control of it and how to feel good about my decisions. I recently applied for a management position and received an offer for it. I have not been as excited about a job like this in a long time.”
"This program has so much great information and tools that you can continue to use in the workplace regardless of company or title. I was engaged throughout all of the sessions and looked forward to each one."
Women Who Influence Leadership Series
This energizing leadership program elevates women in the workplace by strengthening the ability to influence strategically and effectively. Sessions explore the critical shifts needed to navigate the workplace with authenticity and confident agility. With AWE learning experiences, you can expect to establish authentic connections with our experienced and engaging facilitators, gain research-based insights, reflect, share and practice in a trusted space while having the opportunity to apply lessons over the course of the journey.
Day 1 – Grounding in Authentic Confidence
- Shifting the definition of authenticity to who you are versus how you present yourself
- Changing the definition of confidence from traditional images to one that is deeply personal and meaningful
- Grounding confidence in your authentic brand – purpose, passion, value and strengths
Day 2 – Gaining Commitment for Your Value and Vision
- Understanding the importance and challenge of influencing others
- Learning how to engage in meaningful and challenging conversations
- Learning the art of negotiating effectively
Day 3 – Expanding Your Circles of Influence
- Changing perceptions of self-promotion to one that is personal and meaningful
- Learning how to establish strategic relationships and expand your network
- Learn strategies to communicate your brand to your network authentically and confidently
In addition to each session, you have the opportunity to attend a breakfast event where you can experience learning from leaders, connect with AWE facilitators to ask questions, connect with you cohort, and expand your influence by meeting other leaders in the community. After the 3rdsession, you are invited to attend the AWE Day of Experiences.
- Some experience in the workplace as a team lead, supervisor, manager, advisor, project manager or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to attend every session and follow-up conference call as concepts and content builds upon each session. Breakfast and conference sessions are encouraged.
Session Dates (sessions are held at AWE offices, 60 Valley St. Unit 6B):
- 4/12/2019 (9am – 3pm)
- 5/17/2019 (9am – 3pm)
- 6/7/2019 (9am – 3pm)
- Debrief Call 6/28/19 (10-12 am)
Breakfast Dates (breakfasts are held at Crowne Plaza, Warwick)
- 4/24/2019 (8am-10:30am)
- 5/23/2019 (8am-10:30am)
Conference Date (Conference is held at the Omni, Providence)
- 6/25/2019 (8am – 5pm)
Business Leadership Retreat: Accomplished
This one-of a kind leadership retreat is designed to create unique interactive experiences that support the goal of broadening a leader's perspectives and strengthening networks and connections. Throughout the retreat, attendees participate in excursions to trendsetting companies to hear from their leaders and participate in small-group coaching huddles to debrief experiences and deepen the learning. Most importantly, attendees can utilize this mastermind group to identify leadership lessons and key takeaways.
Leaders retreat builds on the group's collective breadth of knowledge to:
- Enhance strategic thinking and business acumen through interactive experiences with senior leaders and expert-led presentations.
- Gain new perspectives on how other organizations and leaders are driving change and innovation.
- Understand how others are advancing women's leadership and board service.
- Create strategic relationships with women leaders from other organizations.
Interested in joining us for 2019? Let us know by March 29th!
Email email@example.com to learn more.
Executive Leadership Roundtable Series
AWE's Executive Leadership Series brings together a small group of talented top-tier executives to share their leadership perspectives and challenges in a confidential forum. Groups discussion tackles relevant topics important to senior leaders.
This executive forum is by invitation only. If you are interested in joining this series, please contact Lisa Bergeron