- ¼ lb bacon diced
- 1 cup onions diced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 qt clam juice
- 2 cups chopped clams
- s + p
- Garlic Butter
- Fry the bacon over med-high heat in a large heavy bottom pan.
- Add the butter and turn down the heat to med.
- When the butter is melted and beginning to foam add the onions with a
pinch of salt and cook until soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a few minutes stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add the clam juice and potatoes and bring to a simmer stirring intermittently so the roux doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add the chopped clams and season to taste. Serve with garlic butter, chopped fresh dill, and paprika.
Visit https://www.eliskitchenwarren.com/ for more information on Eli’s Kitchen in Warren, RI or to book Chef Eli for micro-catering, or any upcoming event!
Join to become a member! A free membership gives you access to limited content. Premium membership gives you access to all content plus numerous member benefits and discounts.