About The Program
It’s the responsibility of every leader, manager, and employee to foster an inclusive work environment; this is not only a role for human resources. Our Champions for Inclusion program is a learning journey for people committed to expanding awareness, understanding bias, both individual and systemic, and those who want to contribute to creating cultures of inclusion. This series is a confidential and trusted learning forum designed to build on foundational knowledge and passion for diversity, inclusion, equity + belonging.
Through the series, we create a trusted space for interactive discussions, reflections, and action-oriented strategies to learn how to interrupt bias, expand curiosity, and equip people with the skills, competencies, and practices needed to understand the evolving facets of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a deeper awareness of the many constantly evolving facets of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Explore the root of why, what, and most importantly, how leadership competencies must change to be relationship-focused, introspective, and inclusive.
- Expand understanding of personal and systemic barriers to inclusion including unconscious bias and how it can show up in the workplace as prejudice, micro-aggressions, and other unfair treatment; power dynamics, privilege, and structural barriers to inclusion in the workplace.
- Strengthen leadership competencies of emotional intelligence; self-awareness and social awareness.
- Cultivate a leaders’ mindset through the lens of inclusion and learn how to demonstrate inclusive leadership behaviors and engage in inclusive communication.
- Acquire knowledge for creating an inclusive culture, including understanding unconscious bias and how to have meaningful and inclusive conversations.
- Championing Sustainable Change – enhance your capacity to lead sustainable change including leading yourself and others through transition.
- Utilize assessments, assignments, and action planning to enhance your leadership capabilities through inclusion.
Who Should Attend:
This program is appropriate for individuals committed to expanding awareness, understanding bias – personal and systemic, and want to contribute to creating cultures of inclusion.
Past participants have included:
– HR leaders that manage and have influence over teams, policy, and processes
– Resource Group Leaders that support organizational efforts around DEI
– Managers (and above) that have foundational knowledge and a passion for DEI
Dates for Series:
- October 5 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- October 12 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- October 26 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- November 9 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- November 23 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- December 7 – virtual via Zoom, 1:00pm – 3:30pm
We ask that participants make every effort to attend all sessions. Due to the sensitivity of topics and respect for the conversations happening, it will not always be appropriate to record the full session. Please indicate on the application any dates you anticipate having a conflict.
Thank you for your interest in Advancing Workplace Excellence’s Champions for Inclusion program.
The cost to participate is $2500. (5% Discount for non-profit)
To complete your application, please complete the fields below. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that all the information has been received. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high demand for this program, we encourage you to apply by
Friday, September 3, 2021
Cost & Payment
Once accepted into this program, you will receive additional details and next steps on how to submit your payment.
Standard Rate: $2,500 (5% discount for non-profit participants)
Payments are accepted through invoice and credit card. If you are a participating through your organization and they have sponsored your seat, you will receive a code that will waive your costs.